Saturday, June 18, 2005

Ballet Top or Socks?

Won't have much time to knit today because we are having a BBQ. I think this is the first time I've managed to plan anything in the garden here in the UK and have it turn out a warm and sunny day. Yay! :)

Yesterday evening I tried to get gauge for Teva Durham's Ballet Top with Rowan Summer Tweed. Hopeless! Of course the pattern calls for worsted yarn, double-stranded and Summer Tweed is DK, so I shouldn't be surprised. I've also ordered Rowan All Seasons Cotton for this pattern so maybe I should do a different tank with the Summer Tweed and just wait for the other yarn...

Here is a picture of the summer tweed:


Another thing I noticed about the Summer Tweed, though, is that it stinks! I asked about this in the LJ Knitting community and apparently it's a common problem with this type of yarn because of the silk content. I don't know what is done to the silk to make it smell this bad but it's really difficult to work with the yarn for a prolonged period of time because of it. Maybe I will have to wash the yarn after all.

And another thing - my Regia Sock yarn arrived yesterday!! Again, Kipper is proud to be the model in the picture, while he is playing with the yarn.


Regia sock yarn

Ballet tank or socks? Hmmm, maybe it's time to try socks - I've never made a sock before!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:16 pm

    I love that color of Regia. I just knit my mom a pair of socks for her birthday using that color.

    ReplyDelete