Friday, September 16, 2005

Generosity


Do you see this?

Well, the photograph is a bit crappy, admittedly, but do you see what's in those plastic bags? It's fleece. Kid Mohair and Jacob fleece, sent to me by the lovely and generous Carolyn of Kids and Knits. Lots of it. From her own sheep and goats. Isn't she amazing? Thank you so much!!

The parcel arrived just half an hour ago and had me somewhat puzzled when our very nice but long-suffering postman asked me to sign for it. Then I opened the parcel and found the fleece and Carolyn's lovely letter and I was literally bouncing up and down with excitement. The cats thought I had gone mad as they were watching me from their safe spot on the windowsill.

All that beautiful beautiful fleece! I can't wait to start spinning! I'm not going to be around this weekend, but as soon as I'm back I'll get right on the case and start preparing it.

*bounces some mor
e*.

Carolyn, I don't know how to thank you enough - this made my day! I'll make sure to document every single step in the preparation of this wool and to send you some yarn!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 am

    How exciting! Look forward to seeing the yarn. Know the names of the fleece ex-owners?

    ReplyDelete