Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last minute...

Well, my One-Yard-Fabric-Swap parcel made it to the post office in time yesterday, so at least I made it before the deadline. Nobody ever accused me of being too early for anything - well, apart from the arrival of the Bean... 4 days early... totally unheard of! But then, the arrival of the Bean wasn't strictly speaking my doing, or else he would have been 2 weeks late and even heavier than he was (ouch!).

I'm also fairly last minute on other things recently. Of course now I have the excuse of a newborn, but still, is it really necessary to leave things so late that you end up typing letters and filling in forms on the computer with a pillow between you and the keyboard on which the Bean either sleeps or has a snack?! And now I have done it again - yesterday was the deadline for the submission of abstracts for papers for a conference. Obviously I totally miscalculated the amount of time it would take me to even get my fuzzy post-pregnancy brain into gear and start processing information in any shape or form suitable for academic thought, never mind finish a paper proposal, so I had to end the day by writing an apologetic email to the organiser, asking for more time. Do I need to point out how much I hate bothering people in this way? Fortunately they were very nice and I have till the end of the week, so here is hoping that I will have something resembling a coherent idea by then...

Anyway, back to the One-Yard-Fabric-Swap. I finally had a look round the blogs, and although not all parcels have arrived yet, the ones I have seen so far look fantastic! I am so happy to see the effort that everyone seems to have put into their parcels and they all look wonderful. In the next few days I will post a list of links to people's posts so they can be easily found, and in a week or two I will update it to include the rest of the parcels. I can't wait to see them all!! Which reminds me - if you don't have a blog, please don't forget to take pictures of your haul and email them to me. I will then post them on my blog so we can all properly admire them. ;-)

And now, since I seem to go on so much about my dreadful last minute habit, I will try to actively do something about it and have another look at that abstract...

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, it takes a while to get over pregnancy brain. I have a co-worker going on maternity leave next week and she has a heavy case of pregnancy brain. I'm counting down the days for her as she gets bored easily right now and has taken to standing over me, babbling :-)

    Bean is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:45 am

    I just got my package today and it was absolutely perfect!
    Thanks so much for organizing this swap, and congratulations on your little bean!
    I've just posted about what I got on my blog:
    www.blissout.typepad.com
    I still have pregnancy brain sometimes and my Little man is 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for doing this swap! it was fun! i hope you and your baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bean! xxx

    ReplyDelete