Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cowl - FO

I have a FO to report!

The Cowl, blogged about in my last post, is finally finished.



I like the sweater. It was fun to knit, didn't take long, and is very wearable. I'm also in love with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - so soft!!

The only negative thing worth mentioning is that the garter stitch body of the cowl makes you look a bit podgy round the middle... It's not too bad, but I think it has something to do with the way the fabric drapes, the garter stitch, and the extra-large needles it's knitted with.

Project specs:

Started: September 2007
Completed: October 2007
Yarn: 9 (8 1/2) balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in red (300611)
Needle Size: 8mm and 10mm

Done! It feels good to get a project off the needles for once...

9 comments:

  1. Lovely!! It doesn't look remotely podgy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I think it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, the colour and the drape. Don't worry, no discernible evidence of podgy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater and it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, podgy?? I don't think so! It looks fabulous on you, clings in all the right places and a great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris...you are looking fabulous. The sweater is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful and you look lovely in it! Good thing your little one pulled that book off the shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, gorgeous sweater... Do you have any yarn left of this color? I am in desperate need of one or two balls. I would love to buy them from you if you got any left over. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. It looks very wearable, which I think is the ultimate accolade for a hand knit.

    I thought of you recently, as my friend recently had a baby and called her Iris. Such a lovely name!

    ReplyDelete