Ten Things to Like About the Month of March
1. Crocus and snowdrops
2) Warmer days - there are still a lot of cold days, that's for sure, but you get the occasional warm day that makes you think you can smell spring and damp soil and fresh growth, and all those other things that make you realise that the earth is waking up again.
3) The days post D's exams which are soon. So March is always tied up with that lovely feeling of having the exams over and of having the summer ahead of us.
4) longer days - every day just a little bit more daylight
5) Gardening season is approaching - towards the end of February and the beginning of March I start getting impatient and I start looking through seed catalogues and clearing the shed to get to the puts for my veg this year. So exciting to know that in a few weeks time it's all going to start!
6) getting out with the kids more - playing in the garden, going to the playground...
7) the first leaves of the daffodils peeking out.
8) Things generally start happening - everything seems to speed up around this time
9) We start thinking about Easter - making things, talking about it all - with the kids these things seem to take on a whole new meaning.
10) And last but not least, Spring officially arrives in March