Saturday, June 21, 2014

FO - Tea Leaves Cardigan

It's finished!! 



Yarn: Rowan, Rowanspun dk

The Rowanspun DK was perfect for this project - it's warm and cozy, but not too thick, making it the right choice for a nice lightweight summer cardigan. With that in mind (and because I wanted to finally finish it!) I decided to omit the long sleeves and go with short ones instead. I made the garter stitch hem a little thinner than the pattern suggests because I thought that with the short sleeves it might be too overpowering. Because I was using very large buttons I also made the button holes slightly larger. Otherwise this is knitted as per pattern. 


I'm so in love with this cardigan. Have already been wearing it this evening, despite the fact that it's not even blocked. I can see myself making another one, this time with long sleeves.

1 comment:

  1. You made Tea Leaves too -- only yours was adult-sized. I am considering one for myself sometime. How fun that you stayed at Bank Ground Farm!!!

    ReplyDelete