... Well, not really, but I have done much more than the previous week. Only the Garter Yoke Cardi didn't get a look in this week. Mainly because I'd forgotten where I'd put it. I've now located it in its little bag in my office so hopefully there will be some time later this week to make some progress with it. Here it is, as it looks now:
These past couple of days I've been slightly obsessed with my Granny Square Blanket.
This is such a long-term project and it's using up scrap yarn that's accumulated over many years. Now, though, it's nearing completion. I've finally figured out how to attach the squares. For a long time I was balking at the idea that I may have to sew all these little squares together, in particular when I was imagining the untidy hand sewing that I was bound to produce. The other day, though, I suddenly hit upon the solution - I'm going to crochet them together. I immediately set out to try it and lo and behold, it works, it looks tidy and it's a lot less fussy than sewing all these pieces together.
I still have a number of squares to complete, and ideally I'd like the blanket nice and big, but I've made a lot of progress on this these past few days and I'm so in love with its mad and mismatched look!
Apart from that I've also been busy with my Lombard Street socks. can't show you a picture because I've forgotten them at work, but I've turned the heel! There was some slight pattern confusion because the patterns is written for dpns and I'm using a circular needle, but fortunately by that point I'd basically memorised the lace pattern anyway and I just ignored the lace instructions post-heel and carried on with the pattern as before. It's working well and I should complete sock #1 soon.
Playing along with: