Thursday, January 15, 2015

Allotmenting - a flurry of seed packets...

Look what arrived - the first lot of the many vegetable and cut-flower seeds I ordered for the allotment! 


It actually looks quite pretty, doesn't it? The individual packets are all cut-flower seeds and the big box contains vegetable seeds. This is what was in it:


Not bad, isn't it? I costed it up. It was quite a bit cheaper to go for a pack than to buy the seeds individually, and I think I'll try to grow all of them this year. 

This lot came from Sow Seeds. I've ordered quite a few vegetable and flower seeds from Vegetable Seeds and some additional seed potatos, onions and garlic from Suttons. Can't wait to get planting! 

6 comments:

  1. Exciting times, we are using seeds this year that we got free from a garden magazine subscription and just adding a few bits and pieces. We are just starting to plan the garden out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting, isn't it? I'm hoping that I'll feel well enough this coming week to hop over to the allotment for a long lunch hour to do a bit of weeding and other prep work...

      Delete
  2. oh my....your allotment this year is going to be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to the planting season. I'm not much of a winter person and the planning for the warmer months sustains me until it gets less freezing out there I think. ;)

      Delete
  3. The packets of vegetable seeds are a thrill to see all lined up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ridiculously excited to see them all arriving. Had another parcel through today, so even more seeds to ohhh and ahhh over. ;)

      Delete