Wednesday, September 02, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Nothing major to report this week... 

I've been knitting a bit on my Boneyard Shawl, mainly in the car, while out on daytrips with the kids, but progress is really too minor to bother you (and myself) with a picture.

I've also been adding a few rows here and there to Ripple. It doesn't look much, but since the last picture I took the blanket has actually doubled in size! There is a long way to go of course, but if I only knit one or two rows every few days I should have it done in a year, which is good enough for me!!


Other than that I've been busy with my testknit. I was nearly done with the colourwork, but then spotted a mistake that meant that I had to rip a few rows out. I'm nearly done with the section, though, and after that it should be a breeze. I quite like the way it looks, although you really don't want to see the back of it - suffice to say that it has been a loooong time since I've done any colourwork, and it shows. It took me a while (and quite a few wrong decisions) to remember and figure it out. It's definitely improving now and for the past few rows I've been almost happy with the back, but I just don't have the heart to rip and start again, lol. 


What have I been reading? Mainly books on pottery. I've started doing pottery again after nearly 10 years and I might just have become a teensy bit obsessed... I'll tell you more about it another time. 

Shared with:


15 comments:

  1. I might do some colour work myself. :-) It has been a long time since I did it. Back in the eighties, I guess. Have a nice day. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love colour work, there's something about knitting with both hands that makes me feel very clever!! And your ripple is looking fabulous. I was given a ripple kit last Christmas and its growing similarly slowly but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the choice of colours in your ripple blanket, they are so soothing and calming and it's good to have a side project like that. Love the colour choice for the colourwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:25 pm

    Nice greens!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is lovely. It reminds me of waves with the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your ripple! I like that range of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colorwork looks great to me. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ripple is gorgeous and the test knit is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects. I love the colours of the ripple blanket great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your test knit looks awesome. I can't wait to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colourwork on your test knit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your post a couple of days ago and then came back to it today - so now I know where I got the crazy idea of pottery lessons :) It's such a pleasure to see ripple blankets - there's something comforting about that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ripple blanket. And I'm liking the colorwork, but have never attempted something like that. KEEP GOING!! it rocks!! And I signed up for a pottery class this fall and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ripple is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete