Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's done...


... actually, it was finished a few days ago, but I didn't have time to upload a picture. It was immediately hogged by the lads, which is kind of nice. They like to snuggle under it as they watch TV. :)

In terms of craftmanship this isn't that great. It's wonky in places, there are a few creases, and the trimming is pretty terrible. I forgot all about how to do this properly and fudged my way through it. The corners would make any seasoned quilter run away screaming. I don't really mind, though because this is not a gift - it's just for us to love and use. And it's already getting a LOT of use here from both the lads and us grown ups. I'm considering stitching a few more colourful hankies on top of the others to brighten it up, but for now I'll leave it as it is I think...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great!

    After reading through your new posts, I see that it is your sons in the quilt photo. I'm surprised that they are so grown up!

    I'm glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best sort of quilt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete