Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Oh this neglected blog...

 I keep thinking I need to revive it. 

But how? 

I used to get so much joy from posting and interacting, and I do love the blogging community so so much, but life is busy and only appears to get more so.

I am still crafting, very much so, but it's the posting that seems to be the problem, the taking pictures, the editing, the thinking about composing posts. 

It doesn't even take that long, really, but it's the doing that I seem to struggle with!


I do have plans, though. 

I have been thinking about making art, recently. I've had a few new ventures, an Etsy shop for my pottery and my lino prints, and together with the teenager I invested in a mug printer so we've been making mugs to sell on Etsy too. 

It's been quite a bit of fun, and it's made me think about how important it is for me to do something creative every day. 

Sometimes that means knitting, and crochet (and I still do both, all the time!!), sometimes it's pottery, though it's been hard recently to find the time, and often it's drawing and lino printing too, both of which I've enjoyed so much in recent months. 

Yesterday, while browsing, I came across a book on Amazon - 365 Days of Art, by Lorna Scobie. I'm ordering a copy. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of structuring my creative endeavours a bit, by giving them a framework. Once the book arrives I'm going to have a look to see if I can find my way back to blogging. The idea is crying out for a link-up, isn't it? And it would be so nice to engage in the blogging community again too. 

We'll see...

For now, here are some examples - some mugs that I have printed recently, and a lino print I've done recently - it's my dad's library, made for his 80th birthday. It's A3 so my biggest lino cut to date. Had fun with this one, though I do also enjoy my smaller-sized cuts which are so satisfying. 





3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back. Love the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving posts and articles were very amazing. I really liked as a part of the article. Buy Instagram Followers Kerala

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see you back blogging again! It's taken me a while to comment as we've moved, and so much stuff to sort, plus commenting doesn't work on my phone, only the laptop!

    ReplyDelete