Thursday, July 02, 2015

Allotmenting...

Just feast your eyes on this...



This time of year the allotment doesn't look like much (it starts to look more impressive in August, when the cut flowers are in full swing), but it's already productive.

When I went a few days ago I harvested a bucket-full of sweet and juicy strawberries, some rhubarb, a bowl of mangetout and the first batch of broad beans. Delicious! 

Looks drab, doesn't it?


Yet, when you look closer:









And lastly, the strawberry plants - doesn't look like they are hiding all those ripe strawbs, does it? 


If you have any productive garden news to share I'd love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below. :)  

3 comments:

  1. I am starting to harvest a little, lettuce, spring onions, rhubarb and lettuce. The broad beans are prolific this year but not big enough to harvest yet. Your allotment is certainly looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That strawberry harvest is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just dabbling in gardening, and I have only 5 strawberry plants, 4 of which have the beginnings of strawberries, and a tomato plant. nothing ready to pick yet but it feels hopeful - I aim to be able to harvest as much as you have one day! well done :) jenny xx

    ReplyDelete