Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Buttons ahoy!


Not much to report here so I'll just post a shot, taken 2 weeks ago when we had friends staying with us. This is Spurn Point, where we spend a lovely day, walking and chatting, and building castles in the sand with the Bean. It's a stunning place, really, a very narrow lip of land that is only a few hundred metres wide the most (often less) and reaches a few miles into the sea. I'd never been, but I can see us returning there often.


In other news - we have a wardrobe in the kids' room now, so I can finally start washing all the newborn clothes. I've been nesting like crazy these last few weeks. Did it start this early with the Bean? I don't remember this at all... Or maybe it's because this time round with the house a bit more finished I actually have a CHANCE of being somewhat ready for the new arrival. So I've been rooting around, finding things, stocking up on things I will need in the first few weeks, but mainly I've been washing load after load of laundry. It doesn't help that I've decided to give cloth nappies a serious try this time round. With the Bean I didn't use them as much as I wanted to because we were just not set up for that yet, but this time I'm ready I think. :-)

Oh, and I've finally got round to sewing some buttons onto my recent knitting projects. I don't have a picture of Bean's cardigan yet because he is wearing it today and I didn't get round to it in the morning, but here is the Tick's baby cardigan:


I know, I know, you've seen this and it wasn't that exciting the first time round, but I'm always amazed what a difference a few buttons make. Suddenly it looks kind of cute while before it was just... a wide expanse of garter stitch. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I want to jump into your pictures! They're lovely and make me want to be there. Your sweater is so cute, too. Glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cute cardi.

    That beach does look lovely - a real typical English beach ;)

    ReplyDelete