Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!

Hello, how are you all? 

It's been a long time again so I thought I'd report back with some updates on kitting, crocheting and other crafts.

I've got a few FOs to report!!

First of all, I've finally, FINALLY finished Black Acer. Seriously, there were moments when I thought it would never happen. A few weeks ago after I finished another project and was itching to start something new but didn't have the right yarn I thought to myself - I really want to finish this, I want to be able to wear it this summer! It coincided with the boys wanting to do a Marvel movie marathon so I needed some knitting while that was happening. I don't mind Marvel, but it doesn't keep my interest massively well, and it was just perfect to watch and knit at the same time. 


Seriously, after procrastinating with this cardi for literally YEARS I finished it in a couple of weeks or so. I even sewed the buttons on!



I've not washed it and the weather has been so bad that I've not managed to get a few good shots of me wearing it yet, so I've got to remember to get that done. 



I'm really pleased with it and I'm so excited that I finally get to wear it!!


Second FO - my Mohair Cowl. This hasn't been on the needles for quite as long, but it's been long enough that I'm happy to be done with it. Again, no pictures of me wearing it yet, as I haven't got round to it, but it fits and I've actually already given it an outing or two. 


One thing to note about this pattern - the sleeves are way too long! I knitted it just as the pattern asked me to and I could have omitted at least 3-4 inches from the upper sleeves. I was thinking about unravelling, but then I'd lose some of the ribbing, which is supposed to go up to the elbow, and I'm certainly not going to unravel and knit both sleeves again. It's a bit annoying to have to pull them up all the time (which I think is intentional, it's what you are supposed to do), but it's fine, it'll have to do.

Third FO - in an attempt to finally get rid of the scatchy never-ending olive no-name yarn that I bought years ago on ebay I decided to crochet a basket. I made it extra large (so did more increases than demanded) but I managed to completely use up the yarn and even a little bit of leftover burgundy yarn. I'm using it to store the multitude of gaming paraphenalia the boys have  (cables, xbox controllers, headphones...). 


And guess what, yesterday was my birthday and this is what I got from D:


It's a full kit for the Yellow Queen Sweater!

I'm so excited to finally knit something that isn't from stash. I wound all that Cascade 220 into yarn cakes yesterday and I can't wait to cast on! 

Shared with:

8 comments:

  1. You must feel so free having those two long time wips off the needles. They both look great! I have some scratchy yarn too, and the bag you made looks like a great idea. I love the colours you got for your next sweater - and fairisle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow......the cardi is great. I love cables and that has lots of them to drool over. The mohair cowl is gorgeous. What a nifty idea to use up unpleasant feeling yarn. The basket will hold up quite well too. You and my hubby share a bday! Happy birthday and that fantastic gift you received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those sweaters are beautiful. Isn't that the way it goes... we put off finishing a thing for so long, and then all of a sudden we apply ourselves and it's over - like that. What gorgeous garments you will enjoy wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you back Iris and belated birthday wishes. What a great gift and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Well done on finishing Black Acer, it looks great as does Mohair Cowl. Great use of the crochet basket and left over yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous projects you finished! They are absolutely beautiful! Love your colors and the Queen sweater? What can I say but it is a stunner! I faved them all! LOL! I hope you will come back and join in for the next coming YOP starting July 7th with a recap of the year the week before.
    I love the basket too. Great idea for all that gaming stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are utterly gorgeous. Such a shame the sleeves are too long, maybe you could roll them over a little. Belated Birthday wishes, such a beautiful birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black Acer sounds like it could be a Marvel movie superhero, it looks great and must feel wonderful to have 2 long term WIPs off the needles. The crocheted basket is a great idea for yarn that is too scratchy for clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at all of those FO's! Black Acer is gorgeous and the cowl is such a beautiful colour. I love the look of very long sleeves, but it must get a bit annoying - looks good though!

    ReplyDelete