Wednesday, June 03, 2020

I have been crafting, I promise...

... I've just  not been blogging. As usual.

We are OK. The days are busy and full with three boys at home, and having to school them, and the new puppy, and all the other normal things as well, like my actual paying work for example!

Crafting fits around the family. It always has done, but now perhaps more than ever. I knit in the evening on the sofa while we are watching a film. also brought my long-neglected braided rug project out again. I work in small bursts, also to protect my back - braiding in the evening on the sofa, then sewing in 10 minute sessions throughout the day whenever I find time. Initially I couldn't see the progress but by now it's grown and I think in a few weeks I'll have the size that I'm after. Really loving how it looks. 



I've been knitting Audrey in Unst, which is such a cute little cardi, but I've stalled on it recently because it turns out that short-row sleaves are really not my friend. I did one, hated the look of it, tried it on to find it unshapely and baggy, and ripped the whole thing out again. I will try again, possibly with German Short Rows, which are supposed to have a neater finish, but I'm a bit fed up right now. I do want to wear the cardi this summer, though, so I think I'll give myself a few days off then cast on for that sleave again.



Today I snuck off to the attic for an hour and made a little bag for my dog walks. I'd bought one, but with all the paraphenalia that I tend to bring, such as poop bags, treats, the whistle and clicker, the weird rabbit skin tug-toy that Stanley loves, and my phone I found it a bit small. 

I didn't use a pattern, just made it up as I went along, and I'm so pleased with it. I used denim for the outside and lined it with some ancient Amy Butler fabric I still had lying around. I think it's turned out really cute! 







4 comments:

  1. I love your bag, it looks great and so functional too, a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag, looks great and so practical too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug is looking amazing - and so very nearly there. Also, excellent and very useful looking bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch-time. I Will surely come and visit this blog more often.
    House Renovations in Bermondsey

    ReplyDelete