Friday, September 25, 2015

FO Friday

It’s been a while since I’ve last done an FO post, not  because I’ve had no FOs but because I’ve never got round to photographing any of them. I normally rely on Boy #1 for this now. His  genuine interest in photography has made him into a fantastic little helper, but this still requires me to actually find the time to model the knitwear.

In the end, this morning, I just decided to take a few shots in front of the mirror instead. Not ideal for photographing cowls in particular, since my hand is sort of hiding half of them, but hey, better than nothing, right? ;)

The first set is the Cosan Cowl that I did as a testknit for Ruth a while ago. The pattern can be downloaded from Ravelry HERE. I’ve shown glimpses of this, but I never took any shots of it for the purpose of showcasing it as an FO.


I really enjoyed knitting this, and I love how lush and rich the colours of the two yarns are together.
I liked it so much, in fact, that when the boys started asking me why I didn’t have a beanie yet I decide to make one to match the cowl.


I’m quite pleased with the results, even if I accidentally knitted this beanie with a smaller set of needles, resulting in a slightly more snug fit for the hat. I’ll see how I go with this. If necessary I can always re-do it in a larger needle size…

The second one is the Alban Eilir Cowl, the most recent testknit I did for Ruth. The pattern is released now and you can purchase it HERE.


Again, I really enjoyed knitting this, although I was more than a little rusty with the colour work. The first few rows on the reverse side are a bit of a mess, but I’m not showing you that bit!


All in all I think this is a good little project for anyone who wants a gentle start into colour work. Just remember to carry those strands of yarn with you rather than cut them, is all I say!! ;)


So there you go – 3 FOs in one post, not too bad, eh?

Shared with: 



8 comments:

  1. Not bad at all! Each thing is beautiful. Love the colors. And even with the handicap of having to snap your own pictures (of yourself modeling) the pics came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all wonderful and I love the hat to match the cowl. You did a fantastic job on each cowl and I loved your colour selection both times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and three lovely lovely (and usefulL!!!) FOs. I'm so jealous of the weather you have (having just come from Scotland!!!!---but returning to 90 degree weather of not just heat, but humidity, too!!!!) Wishing I was back wearing my hats and shawls and cowls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first set is adorable!! Love the colorwork cowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, how fun to test knit for Ruth! Wonderful finishes here, Tien. I need a tripod so I won't have to rely on the keiki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The set is beautiful, I love the colours of yarn a stunning mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad at all! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely FO's, especially love the Alban Eilir Cowl!

    ReplyDelete