Saturday, January 03, 2015

A Merry Sockmas

It was cold out there this past week. Even the cats were looking for novel ways of keeping themselves warm...


Seriously, though, what is it with cats and boxes? 

Personally, I prefer some warm wolly handknits to keep me warm in this weather. Good thing then, that we had a rather sock-tastic Christmas this year. Godi, the lovely aunt of my dad's partner, came to see us while we were in Germany, and she came with some rather lovely gifts. Just look at these!! 


Those were for D. There are two pairs missing, because he'd already started wearing them, so one pair was on his feet (and he wasn't available for photographs when I took these) and one was in the wash already). I got four pairs too. Three pairs here:


And one pair on my feet already! :) 



I'm still quite speechless int the face of such generosity! She'd said that she might knit some when she came to visit us in September, but eight (!!) pairs of socks?! 

Some of the wool came from us. I gave her 2 sets of Natural Dye Studio sock yarn (the ones on my feet and the blueish-green yarn) and 1 large ball of blue self-patterning sock yarn (one of D's pairs, but I'm not sure which one), but she must have then gone out to get more yarn. I'll have to get a nice parcel of something together for her as a thank you. 



6 comments:

  1. I like the mint and purple sock yarn. She is extraordinary. Handknit socks are special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, aren't they? The mint and purple yarn is from the Natural Dye Studio and it's super soft!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful gift, such beautiful socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely - much more comfortable than that ones I knit, if I'm totally honest! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I'm so thrilled - haven't worn any other socks since!!

      Delete