Monday, January 19, 2015

Liebster Award

Ages ago now, Ayarnyrobin was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. I was going to do it straight away, because I like the idea of the award as introducing you to new blogs, but then Christmas happened, and then I had the op, and well, it kept sitting there, half-finished. 

The Liebster Award is an online award that is passed along from blogger to blogger in the hopes of promoting new and aspiring bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules differ a bit from blog to blog - I got mine from Ayarnyrobin's blog so I'm sticking with what she's done:

1) Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
2) Display the Liebster Award button in your post
3) Answer the questions you are given
4) Nominate up to 10 other bloggers with up to 200 followers and inform them by commenting on their blog or contacting them
5) Write 10 questions for the bloggers you have nominated

I am nominating: 


No pressure, obviously, but if you feel like it I'd love to read your responses. I also don't have any way of knowing whether you have over 200 followers or not, so if you do I don't really mind and I'll leave it up to you if you still want to participate or not. :)

Your questions are:
1) What is your favourite pasttime?
2) Who taught you to knit/crochet/craft?
3) Indoors or outdoors?
4) Have you been abroad? Name to countries you've been to.
5) How do you approach your day? 
6) Given the chance to have things exactly as you'd like, what would you change?
7) Name 5 things you are looking forward to today
8) Old our new, which do you prefer and why?
9) Summer or winter? 
10) Share your favourite recipe. 


These are the questions that Ayarnyrobin posted: 


1. If you could have a shop what would you sell?

I've always dreamed of a book and crafts shop with an adjoining cafe and the facilities to screen films in a small venue - so basically a mini arts centre. I think if I didn't have (and love) my day job I'd probably look into ways of making this a reality. 

2. What is the meaning of your name?

Iris is a flower, a part of the eye, and also the name of the messenger of the gods in Greek mythology. 

3.What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

When I was little, my mother told me that being different is not a bad thing and that I should take pride in not being like everyone else.  Growing up I didn't always appreciate it (what kid does...) but the advice got stuck nonetheless and has helped me over the years to feel comfortable in my own skin. 

4. Margarita or Pina colada?

Pina colada - there is a wealth of memories attached to that drink for me! ;)  

5. If you had a super power what would it be?

This is quite a tricky question. I think I'd choose photographic memory, though - can you imagine how useful it would be to never have to look anything up again and again?

6. What is your favourite book?

I have several, but two books that have really remained with me over time are Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go and Jamrach's Menagerie by Carol Birch. Although not at all similar, they are both beautifully written, haunting books that flow in an almost lyrical dream-like way. 

7. win the lottery or work your perfect job?

I think I am basically working my perfect job, but I wouldn't say no to a lottery win anyway, lol! I don't think I'd quit my job, but it would be nice to not have to think about budgets all the time. 

8. Do you have a favourite quote?

No, not really, although at times there are quotes that seem very appropriate at a particular moment in time. So recently this has been Ernest Hemingway - "Write hard and clear about what hurts" ... don't ask...  ;)  

9. what sound do you love?

The sound of the boys talking and playing with each other when they don't know we can hear them. The sound of heavy rain when I'm safe and warm inside. 

10. tell us what your happy song is?

Oh dear, is this where I reveal my strange taste in music? ;)  To be honest, I have several happy songs, depending on my mood, but one song recently that has always made me happy when I've heard it on the radio is Twenty Seven by Passenger. 


4 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that you consider my blog worthy of an award, but really do struggle with choosing others so I have opted to become an award free blog and save myself the stress. It was lovely to read through your questions and answers and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get to know more about you and thanks for nominating me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to think of me. I feel bad because I've been nominated before and kept forgetting to post about it. Anywho, you got some interesting questions to answer. Your responses were fun to read. I love your shop idea. Your name is lovely. I'm a margarita girl but wouldn't turn down a pina colada. Your mum have you terrific advice. I was a late bloomer and came into my own as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for my nomination, here is my response http://sallystrawberrycrochetandknitting.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete