Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Knitting patterns...

Well, new Summer Knitty is up it seems. Lots and lots of man patterns this time, which doesn't leave me with much to do as I am a rather superstituous girl and wouldn't like to bring the boyfriend sweater curse upon myself four weeks before the wedding! ;-) I quite like the Satchel though, so that's going on my endless list of knitted bags I would like to make. Could be quite good for the laptop though, and I've just bought some cheap grey 100% wool yarn on ebay, so it might be brought forward...

Spent most of yesterday's knitting time winding yarn into centre-pull balls with my new toy, but I managed to get a bit of knitting done too. I'm on the second repeat of the third section of the clapotis pattern now, so I'm entering into the looooong and slightly boring stretch that is the middle of the scarf. I will have to be disciplined, though, because I really want to get this finished before the wedding so I can take the Clapotis on honeymoon with me!

Anyway, here is a picture of my various centre-pull yarn balls - aren't they pretty? ;-)


The big brown / lilac thing is my old clapotis. It was soooo much quicker to frog it with the help of the wool winder, and remarkably the winder managed to make a 200g ball (which was the entire bit of the Clapotis I had completed), even though the ebay description said that it would probably only do aprox. 50g! The other balls are some of the HipKnits Silk and some Kelso Tweed for the Hourglass Sweater.

And look what came today!! I'm amazed at how quickly this arrived. I ordered the books only yesterday from Kangaroo, so I thought it would take at least a few days.


This means that I can now pick the pattern I want for my Noro Silk Garden. I probably won't have time to do this for a while but who cares as long as I can plan and dream!! I also fancy making quite a few things from Rowan Beach Cool, in particular 'Belle' and 'Calypso'.

No comments:

Post a Comment