Thursday, June 16, 2005

Machine Knitting

I am now the proud owner of..... a knitting machine! It's a Brother KH891, obviously used, but apparently in immaculate condition.

This was D's gift to me for my 30th birthday. I actually had to order it myself, because he was not sure what to get, but that did not take away the excitement! I also went ahead and bought quite a bit of yarn for the machine on ebay so I can try it once it arrives.

I don't think that this will change my love for handknitting, but I have a few ideas for patterns that would be incredibly boring to do when handknit, so I hope to learn how to do them with the machine.

I managed to find quite a bit of machine-knitting yarn when I searched through ebay. This is what I bought:


red 100% wool machine knitting yarn. The colour is actually quite accurate.


Rust-coloured yarn off ebay. 1,5kg

And finally, a whole job-lot of bits and pieces:


Can't wait to get started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment